Monday, November 29, 2010

Holidays...Holi Jays.....




Wow, with Thanksgiving ending this weekend, I can't believe I have not climbed up, in the attic to grab my box. Ok, boxes of...OK.....truck load of Holiday cartons, boxes and bins. I am loaded with decor. Why?? because I LOOOOOve CHRISTmas!!!! The best time of the year, as far as I am concerned. Mom and Dad always made it so exciting as a child. Fabulous surprises, family, friends, endless church hours.

The most memorable Christmas as a child was when I was 8, mom and dad told me to pack a few of my jackets, dress up clothes and shoes, to hand off to a family in need. Christmas Eve Church Service was different that year. We did not attend our regular Presbyterian Church, we went to a hard part of town. We were the only "caucasian" family in the congregation of this run down old church, full of smiling faces. The pastor was a friend of my dads, the people that surrounded me that night could SING!!! and my goodness they could DANCE!!! It was OUT of this world with spirit and love for the Lord. At 8 years old, I was enjoying every moment of that service. As it ended, I turned to walk out the back of the church. I spotted a sweet little gal, with the brightest of smiles, walking out the door. She looked at me, I gazed at her and together...we exchanged a wordless look of love and understanding. This girl, from the hard part of town, completely different upbringing...was wearing all my clothes. At 8 years old I was thrilled and have not forgotten that moment 30 years later. I encourage all my friends, family and fellow bloggers to give this season, with no expectations, this beautiful Christmas season.

Oh, if you are wondering what Holi Jays might be in reference to. Our family has renamed the holidays, for this season. Our cousin "Jay" has turned 30 (with a fabulous party in the City), announced his engagement, announced a pregnancy, wedding within 5 weeks, which includes all my family members. With that said, every weekend from here on out is dedicated to "Jay"...Hence , Happy Holi Jays!!!!






The Happy Couple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring on the comments!